-MAIN STUDIO LEVELS FALL AUDITION –
SUNDAY AUGUST 26TH*
BALLET AUDITION: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Main Studio A
MODERN AUDITION: 12:15 PM – 1:15 PM, Main Studio A
LYRICAL AUDITION: 1:30 PM-2:30 PM, Main Studio A
TAP AUDITION: 2::45 PM – 3:45 PM, Main Studio B
JAZZ AUDITION: 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM, Main Studio A
*Students will be permitted to move from a recreational age group class (5th – 12th Grade) to appropriate Level based on the result of the audition. Hip Hop, Fusion, Acro, and Clogging will remain 5th-12th or Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced.
New this year, we have eliminated the classes by Age Groupings (also known as “Rec Level” classes OR 6-8th or 9th-12th) and designed a benchmark program of Levels I through VI. Levels I and II do not require that the student participates in Ballet, and Levels III and up are considered our “Accelerated Level Program” which involves a Contract Agreement related to participating in Ballet, attendance requirements, daily conduct, and ultimately, promotion to Level III by audition and/or invitation.
Students who are NEW to our dance studio will be evaluated EITHER by participating in an audition or a class to give us clear understanding of their knowledge and ability to execute the style of dance in which they are interested in pursuing at Martell.
To be enrolled in our Accelerated Martell Main Dance Program (Level III and Up) the dancer MUST:
- Enroll in ballet (not limited to Ballet III or higher)
- Have a high rate of attendance
- Know the fundamentals of the style in which they are participating (Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Modern, Lyrical, Pointe)
- Demonstrate knowledge of vocabulary
- Show physical strength and understanding of core strength
- Show quality of movement & understand musicality
- Wear appropriate attire and look neat and prepared for every class
- Demonstrate proper class etiquette (no outbursts, talking in class, rude behavior, etc.)
- Come to class prepared each week
- Be a respectful and positive classmate at all times
- Be recommended by their teacher
- Parents notify our faculty of their dancer’s interest and commitment
- Sign an Accelerated Level Contract
No student will be moved into level III, IV, V or VI without taking ballet and completing the above benchmarks to the satisfaction of their current teacher and faculty. Those interested in taking Pointe must be approved to be placed in that class. This is strictly a safety issue. Although injury is common when you are physically active and athletic, we try to minimize that possibility for our students. Dancers are NOT moved into pointe based on number of years they have taken ballet; placement is based strictly on strength.
At Martell School of Dance, the success of EVERY individual student is our most important goal. We are a non-competitive studio intentionally, and encourage each student to challenge themselves in every class on a personal level.